Financial and Administrative Coordinator
- Stqeeye’ Learning Society – Posted by Stqeeye
- British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 50142
- Category : Non-profit
- Job Type : Part-Time
- Salary : $30-35 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2022-10-07
- Posting Date : 23 Sep 2022
- Expiry Date : 30 Sep 2022
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The position starts at 21 hours per week with the possibility for additional hours as funding becomes available. Wage starts at $30-$35/hr, depending on experience. The position may be worked remotely with bi-weekly travel to Salt Spring for team meetings.
Employee benefits (family) include: extended health, dental, vision, long term disability, life insurance, critical illness, employee assistance program
Under the guidance of the Board of Directors, the Financial and Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the financial management of the organization. The incumbent also works as a team member to plan and execute project goals and activities. Key responsibilities include financial record keeping and bookkeeping, receivables, payables, payroll, administration, budgeting, class accounting, monthly and yearly financial reporting. Indigenous applicants will be prioritized.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Understanding of critical Indigenous issues and history in Canada.
- Experience working with Indigenous communities
- Post-secondary degree. Bookkeeping Certificate would be preferred.
- At least 3 years bookkeeping work experience including payroll.
- Experience working with a non-profit or charitable organizations.
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office and Quickbooks Online.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Demonstrates critical, innovative and strategic thinking
- Works in a respectful and cooperative manner with staff and community.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintains current knowledge and complies with Stqeeye’ mandate, mission, policies, procedures and standards of practice.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of information gained as a result of employment with Stqeeye’.
- Alerts the Board promptly of any extraordinary circumstances, including legal, financial or ethical issues that may arise.
- Maintains accurate financial records for the organization according to generally accepted accounting procedures (GAAP) including class accounting.
- Maintain internal financial documentation – general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and taxes, bank accounts, investments, donations, grants and government funding. Monthly duties include bank reconciliation, Mastercard reconciliation, bank deposits, and CRA liability payments.
- Prepares and updates all budgets and prepares regular program financial reports for board meetings and funders as needed.
- Works as a team with Co-Managers, Coordinators and Youth Land Stewards to prepare and track program and project budgets.
- Prepares and posts all accounts payable for signing or authorization online. Mails payments.
- Prepares payroll on a biweekly schedule and keeps payroll liabilities up to date. Prepares ROE, T4’s for payroll and T4A’s for contractors.
- Prepares and maintains documents pertaining to taxation rules for status Indians working on reserve
- Maintains all benefit reporting including WCB.
- Provides internal financial statements in a timely manner, as requested by the Board.
- Prepares year end documentation to provide to the accountant for annual review.
- Prepares tax receipts for donations and prepares information for the accountant to do the T3010 annual charity return.
- Prepares GST rebate return twice annually.
- Informs or consults with the Board regarding any extraordinary expenditures.
- Preforms other related duties as required.
Administrative Support and Communications
- Track grant funding deadlines and facilitate preparation of interim and final reports
- Maintains internal email list and provides support for internal communications
- Maintains insurance documentation and supports renewal process
- Manages security, telephone and technology accounts to support ongoing operations
- Represents Stqeeye’ positively and professionally at all times
Project Team Member
- Work as a team with Co-Managers, Project Coordinators/Supervisors and Youth Land Stewards to plan and carry out project activities
- Meet with the funders, partners, community advisors and Stqeeye’ board to communicate project goals and activities on an as need basis or as directed by the board.
- Participate in activities and events on an as need basis or as directed by the board
How to ApplyStqeeye’ is an Indigenous-led organization based on Salt Spring Island and is committed to preserving the Xwaaqw’um village site in partnership with Quw’utsun hwulmuhw mustimuhw. We strive to strengthen our Quw’utsun relationship to the land and water at Xwaaqw’um and beyond. This will be accomplished by Elders and youth working in collaboration with partners to develop programs that will sustain the land and water for future generations. We wish for our youth and Elders to be proud, to value one another for who they are, and to serve as educators, land stewards and advocates for environmental protection and preservation. Email resume and 3 references (2 work, 1 personal) to firstname.lastname@example.org This job posting will be open until filled.
No views yet